i drove from cleveland to albany last night. sort of a last minute decision in the middle of the night. rented a hyundai sonata. my dream car. actually handled really nicely, went kinda fast, a peppy little auto....elliott and i cruised the 90 eastbound, eating peanut m&m's to stay awake, feeding dried chicken to elliott who sat quietly drugged in the passenger seat, staggering over to my lap every so often.
yesterday i left los angeles....after four years...and i'm finally en route to london. and how did i end up in cleveland?
it was a series of unfortunate events which started with a panicking dog in los angeles and ended at 4am near albany, new york. i'll list the events because i'm sleep deprived and don't feel like narrating. here they are in present tense:
1. i arrive at the airport with 10 pieces of luggage (moving to london) and my small tranquilized dog, elliott.
2. elliott freaks out at the airport.
3. i give him more doggie xanax, as advised.
4. he starts shrieking and does not stop for 2 hours.
5. everyone boards the plane with the exception of one girl and one small, shrieking dog.
6. the xanax kicks in as the door to the walkway closes.
7. elliott falls off my shoulder and onto the ground, knocked unconscious for a few seconds.
8. i start screaming and crying. picture a movie scene:
GIRL has just seen BOYFRIEND fall prey to a fatal drive-by.
GIRL drops to the ground.
GIRL holds BOYFRIEND's limp body in her arms, sobbing and screaming.
and i quote:
"someone help us! he's not ok! get a doctor!!!! oh my god! elliott!"
repeat. repeat again. more tears. very loud voice.
(and my lucky manager - he was on the other end of my mobile phone while all this was happening.)
9. airline employees gather round.
10. LAPD is called for help finding animal hospital.
at this point, after examining elliott and considering the reality of the LAPD, i decide to board the plane. except they have given my seat away. luckily they find one open seat and we board. i hear people commenting as we walk down the aisle, all the way to the back of the plane, "there's that dog that was shrieking." i'm really feeling the love at this point. oh - and i'm still crying, btw.
once in my seat with elliott on my lap, i am able to reflect on what has just transpired.
basically, i created a huge scene at LAX and then bolted onto the plane. i can't believe they let me on, to be honest. and i'm glad this happened now and not a year from now. best to be annonymous when causing major scenes involving doped up small dogs and the LAPD.
so we made it to cleveland but missed our connecting flight and the next flight was not til the following morning. just to quickly clairfy the rental car part of our evening. drove straight through to albany and here i am....thinking about sleep but almost too tired to try it.
also thinking about the following things:
1. album titles
2. release dates
3. album art
5. something this weekend that i can't talk about yet
6. flight to london
7. finding a london flat
9. PR and human nature
10. i don't live in LA anymore. what?!?
11. my hair
14. i can't bring my dog
and lots of other things. i should probably go to sleep. it's a good idea. there's plenty of time to worry about things tomorrow, right?
ok. more soon.
oh - i'm going to be posting new youtube videos soon, too - lots of them.